[Air-L] faculty position @ Johnson & Wales University, Providence, Rhode Island

Christopher Joseph Westgate cjwradio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 16:30:55 PDT 2016

Assistant Professor, Media & Communication Studies, Johnson & Wales University, Providence, RI

Johnson & Wales University's English Department, which houses the Media & Communication Studies major, is accepting applications for an assistant professor. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and teaching dynamic offerings that will help students apply communication theory to twenty-first century careers. Desired areas of specialization include digital culture, social media, video games, or a related area. The successful candidate will teach first-year composition, communication skills and other courses that align with the department’s needs.

Required Qualifications:

- Minimum of a PhD, MFA or terminal degree in communication, media studies, English, or a related field of study;
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.

Preferred Qualifications:

- Experience with teaching at the collegiate level.

To Apply:

Johnson & Wales University recognizes that, along with its students, the most important resources the university has are its human resources--its faculty and staff. If you would like to share in our commitment to support the personal and professional success of the university's dynamic and diverse workforce, we invite you to learn more about this exciting opportunity and to apply *online at http://work.jwu.edu to requisition #3591. Questions regarding this position may be addressed to work at jwu.edu.

For more information on the Media & Communication Studies program, visit https://academics.jwu.edu/school-of-science-and-liberal-arts/media-and-communication-studies-bs/

Founded in 1914, Johnson & Wales University is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution with more than 15,000 graduate, undergraduate and online students at its four campuses in Providence, R.I.; North Miami, Fla.; Denver, Colo.; and Charlotte, N.C. An innovative educational leader, the university offers degree programs in arts and sciences, business, culinary arts, design and engineering, education, health and wellness, hospitality, nutrition and physician assistant studies. Its unique model integrates arts and sciences and industry-focused education with work experience and leadership opportunities, inspiring students to achieve professional success and lifelong personal and intellectual growth. The university's impact is global, with alumni from 123 countries pursuing careers worldwide.

Johnson & Wales University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

*Note: JWU accepts online applications for currently open and available positions solely via http://work.jwu.edu. Applications and curricula vitae that are faxed, mailed, or emailed to our offices cannot be accepted.