[Air-L] AoIR 2016 Doctoral Colloquium

Annette Markham amarkham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 00:28:54 PDT 2016

Great! Did u get the google drive link to all the folders and info, then? I hope so. I have been so busy I'm not sure I sent the link.
Annette

Sent from Phone.

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 6:48 PM -0700, "Ben Light" <ben.light at qut.edu.au> wrote:

This is a reminder that applications for the AoIR 2016 doctoral colloquium are open and  due on or before 15 June 2016.

The colloquium offers PhD students working in Internet research or related fields a one day forum to be convened on 5 October 2016. For many years, this pre-conference event has provided students with the opportunity to spend a concentrated amount of time with senior scholars to share research projects, address methodological and theoretical challenges, and exchange informal advice on juggling the multiple pressures associated with job searching, publishing, and finishing the dissertation.

As always we will have excellent mentors in place. Karine Nahon, Susanna Paasonen, Annette Markham, Sharif Mowlabocus and Zizi Papacharrisi are already signed up and we are sure to have some more great people join them.

To apply for a place at the consortium, please provide:
 a) a two-page summary of your research. This should provide a context for the research, describe the methods being used, the progress to date, and primary concerns and issues;

b) A brief statement indicating why you want to participate in this doctoral colloquium and what you hope to get out of it.

Also note that, in order to increase the diversity of participation in the AoIR conferences, the Association of Internet Researchers makes available conference fee waivers and partial travel stipends ($500) per year. Conference scholarships are made available to participants who have had papers accepted via the peer review process for the main conference, and applications are due on 1 June 2016.

If you have any questions, please do get in touch, and please do circulate this message throughout your networks.  We look forward to your submissions.
Pauline Cheong and Ben Light
2016 Doctoral Colloquium Chairs
Email: aoir16dc at aoir.org

Ben Light
Professor of Digital Media Studies / Chief Investigator - DMRC
http://staff.qut.edu.au/staff/lightb/
http://eprints.qut.edu.au/view/person/Light,_Ben.html
http://www.benlight.me
Ph: +617 3138 8280 | Email: ben.light at qut.edu.au | Twitter: @doggyb

QUT Digital Media Research Centre
Creative Industries Faculty | Queensland University of Technology
Z1-515 | Musk Ave | Kelvin Grove QLD 4059 | Ph: +617 3138 3889
Website: www.qut.edu.au/research/dmrc | Twitter: @qutdmrc | Centre email: dmrc at qut.edu.au