[Air-L] Digital Analytics Twitter Chat

Kathleen Stansberry katiestansberry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 19:01:33 PDT 2016

Since many on this list are educators as well as researchers, I thought some of you might be interested in joining a Twitter chat on teaching digital analytics coming up on Thursday. The chat is geared primarily toward strategic communication educators and professionals, but the topic is relevant to a wide range of disciplines and it will be a great opportunity to share ideas and best practices.

Here are the details:

Join the Tweet Chat this Thursday at 8-9pm EST with industry leaders and educators about how we can bring data-driven insights into the communication classroom.

Follow hashtags: ‪#‎PRAnalytics‬ and ‪#‎PRPRofs‬

The conversation, co-hosted by The Educator Academy and Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication PR Division, will feature guests Michael Brito (@Britopian), Bernhard Mors (@bernhardmx) and Kathleen Stansberry, Ph.D. (@Kstansberry). Their bios are below.

Chat hosts are Michele E. Ewing (@meewing) and Stefanie Moore (@StefMoore) of Kent State University.

Michael Brito
This Thursday Michael Brito will be joining our Twitter chat to discuss teaching digital analytics in the PR classroom and best practices with Web and social media measurement. Michael, the head of US digital marketing at LEWIS Pulse, is a data-driven brand builder, community builder and storyteller with expertise in the best practices of analyzing and measuring digital communications. Before joining LEWIS Pulse, he worked in digital and social media strategy with Edelman Digital, W2O Group, Hewlett Packard, Yahoo and Intel.

Berhnhard Mors
Bernhard Mors, vice president of corporate and digital communications for MasterCard, will be joining us for this Thursday ‘s Twitter chat to talk about digital analytics in the classroom and workplace. Bernhard oversees global brand publishing and social listening for MasterCard. As Bernhard told NewsWhip Analytics, “We have two ears to listen and one mouth to speak. It’s absolutely critical to understand what our stakeholders care about, what they talk about, who and what they engage with, what their questions are. Audience data and insights are the foundation to drive relevant engagement.”

Dr. Kathleen Stansberry
This Thursday from 8 - 9 p.m. ET, Dr. Kathleen Stansberry will be joining our Twitter chat to discuss teaching digital analytics in the PR classroom. Dr. Stansberry, an assistant professor of public relations and social media at Cleveland State University, researches digital analytics and data analysis, managing online communities, and social media in strategic communication campaigns. Dr. Stansberry founded the Social Media Learning Lab, a space dedicated to training students in advanced social media research and analytics, at the University of Akron in 2013.

Follow the hashtags #PRAnalytics and #PRProfs Thursday from 8-9 p.m. ET.