[Air-L] Data Ethics case study

Nathaniel Poor natpoor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:06:09 PDT 2016

You may remember my question to the list about using hacked data, or not, from a while ago. I am pleased to say it has been published as a case study at Data & Society, where you can find it here: http://bdes.datasociety.net/council-output/case-study-the-ethics-of-using-hacked-data-patreons-data-hack-and-academic-data-standards/ <http://bdes.datasociety.net/council-output/case-study-the-ethics-of-using-hacked-data-patreons-data-hack-and-academic-data-standards/>

We even did a little analysis of the AoIR thread and included that, essentially as expert testimony.

(And, thanks to the D&S team for their help!)

-Nat

Nathaniel Poor, PhD
http://github.com/natpoor <http://github.com/natpoor>
http://natpoor.blogspot.com <http://natpoor.blogspot.com/>