[Air-L] Gender and surveys

Marta Delatte martadelatte at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 07:49:31 PDT 2016

Hi everybody,

I did a bit of research on the subject when designing my survey and male
and female may be ok if you are a doctor asking about people's genitalia.
If you are not, I would not use that. I still have my survey online and for
the gender identity question I asked for suggestions to trans and queer
scholar communities, there is also a bit of information online.

>From my personal point of view as a designer, it is not just a matter of
how you name it, but also, the order in which you display it is a nice
detail. Here a screenshot of what I am using, and the link the survey just
in case you guys want to spend a couple of minutes helping a fellow
researcher answering some questions on media and memory

I think it is super important the fact that we are having this
conversation, so thank you all for that,

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ftd3nw29ZK6PmgzLDeaZasl7wCdrW9RUPQmymGUaHzM/viewform

Marta  Delatte
creative director and co-founder
ellenjames.net <http://www.ellenjames.net/>