[Air-L] Introducing Hey Girl Global

Terri Senft tsenft at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:33:30 PDT 2016

Dear AoIRistas:

I am writing to let you know about Hey Girl Global, an international
network of teachers, students and creatives, interested in tracking the
intersections of urban, media and girl/women’s cultures.

HGG is launching two initiatives and would love your input.

*HEY GIRL GLOBAL MAGAZINE*

The first is Girl Global Magazine, an online publication slated to launch
Fall 2016. *Right now, we're looking for writers, editors, photographers,
videographers, graphic designers, translators, and social media/outreach
people, and we'd love for as many of you to be involved as possible.*

If you could circulate our Call for Creatives among your networks, we’d be
hella grateful
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6NaxivVFTkSSTRLVFotVVZhTVk/view>.  That
link will take you to a PDF you can feel free to print or forward.

*HEY GIRL GLOBAL CONFERENCE COVERAGE*

Our other initiative is a concerted effort to live blog conferences of
interest to our membership. OF COURSE we will be covering FemTechNet!
Conference
coverage will appear on our social channels beginning today. Coming up:

   - Julianne McShane –– an undergraduate student at New York University
   with interests in journalism, human rights, and women’s studies ––
is tweeting/blogging
   from Twitter/Medium (and updating the other platforms as well) from
the International
   Girls Studies Research Conference <http://girls-studies.org/> this
   weekend in Norwich, England.

   - Dr. Terri Senft –– the founder of the HGG network and the
   International Selfies Research Network, a professor in the Global Liberal
   Studies Program at New York University, and a researcher of gender, race,
   and social media –– will be attending and covering The Black Girl
   Movement Conference: Picturing Black Girlhood
   <http://iraas.columbia.edu/Event/black-girl-movement-conference-schedule> at
   Columbia University in New York on Thursday, April 7th.

   - Marta Delatt –– a PhD student at the University of Hull –– will be
   attending and covering signal/noise: A FemTechNet Conference on Feminist
   Pedagogy, Technology, Transdisciplinarity
   <http://femtechnet.org/docc/ftn-docc-2016-conference/> from Friday,
   April 8 — Sunday, the 10th at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor.

Interested in getting involved? We’d love to have you.

Drop us a line at heygirlglobal at gmail.com

 Visit our website, heygirlglobal.com, or come hang out on our
@HeyGirlGlobal Facebook page to learn more.

And of course, you can always hit me up with questions.  I swear I am not
too much of a weirdo.

Finally, if you are interested in our “vision thing” you are welcome to
read more about The Hey Girl Network mission
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6NaxivVFTkScmRSSlJIMDFpbTQ/view> .

THANKS FOR READING THIS!!

Terri Senft

P.S. Places you can go right now to learn more/get involved with HGG

HGG on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/groups/heygirlglobal/>

HGG on Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/heygirl_global/>
HGG on Twitter <https://twitter.com/heygirlglobal>
HGG on Medium <https://medium.com/@heygirlglobal>