[Air-L] WEBCAST FRI/SAT: Theorizing the Web #TtW16

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Fri Apr 15 10:36:34 PDT 2016

This is underway. Not your regular policy/tech Internet Conference! I have
volunteer operators running ISOC kit in rooms B and C.

joly posted: "On Friday/Saturday April 15-16 2016 sixth annual Theorizing
the Web conference will take place at the Museum of the Moving Image in
NYC. Theorizing the Web is an inter- and non-disciplinary annual conference
that brings together scholars, journalists, art"

On *Friday/Saturday April 15-16 2016* sixth annual *Theorizing the Web*
<http://theorizingtheweb.tumblr.com/2016/> conference will take place at
the Museum of the Moving Image in NYC. Theorizing the Web is an inter- and
non-disciplinary annual conference that brings together scholars,
journalists, artists, activists, and technology practitioners to think
conceptually and critically about the interrelationships between the Web
and society. We deeply value public engagement, and consider insights from
academics, non-academics, and non-“tech theorists” alike to be equally
valuable. Both days of programming will feature invited speakers as well as
presentations from competitively selected open-submission system. Selected
papers advance clear theoretical arguments; represent a diverse range of
perspectives; embrace accessibility by demystifying jargon rather than
using it as a crutch; and, importantly, appeal to concerns of power, social
(in)equality, and justice. The event comprises three afternoon tracks, plus
plenary evening keynote sessions. The entire event will we *webcast live
<http://theorizingtheweb.tumblr.com/2016/livestream>*.

*What: Theorizing the Web 2016 <http://theorizingtheweb.tumblr.com/2016/>
Where: Museum of the Moving Image, NYC When: Friday/Saturday April 15-16
2016 Noon-9pm EDT | 16:00-01:00 UTC Schedule:
http://theorizingtheweb.tumblr.com/2016/program
<http://theorizingtheweb.tumblr.com/2016/program> Webcast: Room A +
keynotes - http://livestream.com/ttwconference/a
<http://livestream.com/ttwconference/a> Room B -