[Air-L] Announcing AoIR's new Association Coordinator

Jennifer Stromer-Galley jstromer at syr.edu
Mon Apr 11 17:40:14 PDT 2016

As many of you know, AoIR is almost entirely a volunteer-run organization, with one exception: the Association Coordinator. The AC helps make this organization run on a daily basis: answering your emails about membership issues, updating the website and social media, getting all of the conference proceedings up on SPIR, and a thousand other little things that are part of the work of an Association.

This month we make a transition in our AC position.

We are pleased to welcome Courtney Bennett as the new Association Coordinator for AoIR. Courtney holds a PhD in communication from the University of Pennsylvania, and an MSc in Social Psychology from the London School of Economics and Political Science. She has worked as a consultant for several years, for clients such as the Blue Shield of California Foundation and Children's Hospital Oakland, and currently has a contract with the University of California, Office of the President in the Office of Diversity and Engagement.

Courtney is stepping in as Anna Hoffmann, who has served as our Coordinator for just over two years, takes her leave so that she can focus more actively on her academic career. Anna has been essential to making the Association go these past years, and I personally am grateful for her dedication, conscientiousness, and attention to the Association. We will miss Anna tremendously, and wish her luck and give her our eternal gratitude.

~Jenny Stromer-Galley

President, AoIR