[Air-L] Announcing AoIR's new Association Coordinator

Andrew Herman aherman at wlu.ca
Tue Apr 12 06:59:10 PDT 2016

Yes, all hail Courtney!
From: Air-L <air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org> on behalf of Traci Belanger <tlster at myfairpoint.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:50 AM
To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org; Jennifer   Stromer-Galley
Subject: Re: [Air-L] Announcing AoIR's new Association Coordinator

Welcome Courtney!

--
May all winds at your back inspire you, and may you have harmony and
peace today.

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 00:40:14 +0000, Jennifer Stromer-Galley  wrote:

       As many of you know, AoIR is almost entirely a volunteer-run
organization, with one exception: the Association Coordinator. The AC
helps make this organization run on a daily basis: answering your
emails about membership issues, updating the website and social media,
getting all of the conference proceedings up on SPIR, and a thousand
other little things that are part of the work of an Association.

This month we make a transition in our AC position.

We are pleased to welcome Courtney Bennett as the new Association
Coordinator for AoIR. Courtney holds a PhD in communication from the
University of Pennsylvania, and an MSc in Social Psychology from the
London School of Economics and Political Science. She has worked as a
consultant for several years, for clients such as the Blue Shield of
California Foundation and Children's Hospital Oakland, and currently
has a contract with the University of California, Office of the
President in the Office of Diversity and Engagement.

Courtney is stepping in as Anna Hoffmann, who has served as our
Coordinator for just over two years, takes her leave so that she can
focus more actively on her academic career. Anna has been essential to
making the Association go these past years, and I personally am
grateful for her dedication, conscientiousness, and attention to the
Association. We will miss Anna tremendously, and wish her luck and give
her our eternal gratitude.

~Jenny Stromer-Galley

President, AoIR

http://www.aoir.org/