[Air-L] TayTweets Dataset?

Heinz, Lisa ls144009 at ohio.edu
Sat Apr 16 17:39:23 PDT 2016

Cory, you bring up some very good points I also thought about as I've searched for the dataset.

Screenshots (and news articles) are one source, but they would contain the most inflammatory of the tweets and still represent only a fraction of a fraction of the entire dataset of more than 90,000 tweets from Tay itself. Also, this figure does not include all the mentions that are critical to an analysis of the devolution of this bot, which may at least double that number considering much (all?) of Tay's tweets were responses to questions and comments.

Last summer, Twitter finished the process of archiving tweets clear back to when it launched to make them accessible to researchers/enterprise customers beginning last fall (go here for a short list of providers: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2489442,00.asp).  We don't have access at our SMART lab, yet, but if the tweets exist, they are hiding behind a now-private account so the usual scrapers won't find them. Unless someone out there has a few tricks up their sleeves...

~~Lisa

Lisa Heinz
PhD Student in Mass Communication
E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
Ohio University, Scripps College of Communication
Twitter<http://twitter.com/livingrural>
LinkedIn<http://linkedin.com/in/lisaheinz>