[Air-L] social media theories

Unger, Johann j.unger at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Apr 19 02:23:36 PDT 2016

Hi Sukaina,

You might be interested in a chapter by Majid KhosraviNik and me, in which we set out some of the theoretical and methodological challenges involved in studying social media from a critical, discursive perspective. One of the examples we use is the Tahrir Square protests (though we don’t have much room to go into it in the chapter, unfortunately):

KhosraviNik, M., & Unger, J. W. (2015). Critical discourse studies and social media: power, resistance and critique in changing media ecologies. In R. Wodak, & M. Meyer (Eds.), Methods of critical discourse studies. (3rd ed.). London: Sage.

Best, Johnny.

Dr J W Unger
Lecturer and Academic Director of Summer Programmes
Department of Linguistics and English Language
Lancaster University
LA1 4YL

e-mail: j.unger at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:j.unger at lancaster.ac.uk>
tel: +44 1524 592591