[Air-L] VC Fellowships at DERC and RMIT University

Heather Horst heather.horst at rmit.edu.au
Tue Aug 2 18:00:42 PDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

RMIT University has just opened the 2016 round of applications for
*Vice-Chancellor’s
Research Fellowships and Senior Research Fellowships.* The Digital
Ethnography Research Centre at RMIT encourages applications from globally
leading scholars interested in working with us through such fellowships.
Please see here for more information about the Fellowships:

http://www.rmit.edu.au/content/rmit-ui/en/research/research-expertise/our-reputation/people/outstanding-research-fellowship-schemes/vice-chancellors-research-fellowships

The *Digital Ethnography Research Centre* (DERC) focuses on understanding a
contemporary world where digital and mobile technologies are increasingly
inextricable from the environments and relationships in which everyday life
plays out. DERC excels in both academic scholarship and in our applied work
with external partners from industry and other sectors.

DERC approaches this world and how we experience it through innovative,
reflexive and ethical ethnographic approaches, developed through
anthropology, media and cultural studies, design, arts and documentary
practice and games research.

Our research is incisive, interventional and internationally leading. Going
beyond the call of pure academia we combine academic scholarship with
applied practice to produce research, analysis and dissemination projects
that are innovative and based on ethnographic insights. For details about
DERC see http://www.digital-ethnography.net/the-people/

***********
*Professor Heather A. Horst*
Director, Research Partnerships
College of Design and Social Context

*Contact Details*
Digital Ethnography Research Centre <http://www.digital-ethnography.net/>
School of Media and Communication
College of Design and Social Context
RMIT University
GPO Box 2476
Melbourne Victoria 3001
Australia

Office: Bldg 101, Level 2, Room 6
Phone: +61 3 9925 3988
Email: heather.horst at rmit.edu.au
Skype: hahorst
Academia.edu: https://rmit.academia.edu/HeatherHorst

*Recent Publications*
Digital Ethnography: Principles and Practice
<https://uk.sagepub.com/en-gb/eur/digital-ethnography/book243111%20>
Being in Fieldwork In Sanjek & Tratner's eFieldnotes: The Making of
Anthropology in a Digital World
<http://www.upenn.edu/pennpress/book/toc/1086.html>

*Research*
Mobilising Media for Sustainable Development in the Pacific
<https://sites.google.com/site/mobilisingmediainthepacific/>
Locating the Mobile: Intergenerational Locative Media Practices in Tokyo,
Melbourne and Shanghai <http://locatingthemobile.net>
The Moral and Cultural Economy of the Mobile Phone in the Pacific
<http://moraleconomypacific.com>
Transmedia Literacy: Exploiting transmedia skills and informal learning
strategies to improve formal education <http://transmedialiteracy.org/>