[Air-L] DocNow Community Twitter Chat (Aug 11, 2pm EDT)

Ed Summers ehs at pobox.com
Mon Aug 8 14:51:51 PDT 2016

Dear AOIR community,

The Documenting the Now project [1] would like to invite you to our next Twitter chat on August 11 at 2pm EDT in which we'll be discussing social media research. Our project is focused on helping establish best practices, community and tools for the ethical collection, preservation and use of social media content, with a specific focus on the use of Twitter by social activists.

While our advisory board [2] has several prominent social media researchers we admittedly have a bit of a bias towards the concerns of the archival community. That's why your perspective as researchers using and studying social media in AOIR is so important to us. If you have time to participate, or even retweet our announcement [3], it would be extremely helpful to us.

Sincerely,

Ed Summers
University of Maryland

[1] http://www.docnow.io
[2] http://www.docnow.io/#advisory-board
[3] https://twitter.com/documentnow/status/758381847411765248

PS. My apologies if you've already seen this announcement elsewhere.