[Air-L] 2017 DMRC PhD Scholarships: Call for Expressions of Interest

Jean Burgess je.burgess at qut.edu.au
Wed Aug 10 21:21:38 PDT 2016

Dear colleagues, please pass on as appropriate. We are especially keen to see applicants from international institutions with high quality masters programs, as well as elsewhere in Australia.
The QUT Digital Media Research Centre (DMRC)<http://www.qut.edu.au/research/dmrc> is now calling for expressions of interest from prospective postgraduate research students as part of the University's annual Scholarship Round, closing 30 September 2016 for entry in early 2017.

About the DMRC
The DMRC aims to conduct world-leading research that helps society understand and adapt to the changing digital media environment. It is a leading Australian centre for the fields of media and communication - areas in which QUT has achieved the highest possible rankings in ERA, the national research quality assessment exercise, with important additional inputs from cultural studies, journalism, business, and law. We aim to engage with the Asian region across all our research programs; and we have a strong commitment to ongoing research training for academic and industry researchers alike.

About the PhD Scholarships
Applicants with excellent academic track records (equal to an Australian Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours or Masters Degree by Research) or equivalent research experience may be eligible for competitive PhD scholarships to undertake study with us. Successful applicants will work on topics that align closely with one or more of our four research programs. For each program, we have provided indicative PhD research areas.

For full details of how to apply, see: http://tinyurl.com/dmrc-phd-2017

Professor Jean Burgess
http://staff.qut.edu.au/staff/burgesje
Ph: +617 3138 8253 | Email: je.burgess at qut.edu.au<mailto:je.burgess at qut.edu.au> | Twitter: http://twitter.com/jeanburgess
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=dfpq_bkAAAAJ&hl=en

Centre Director | QUT Digital Media Research Centre
Creative Industries Faculty | Queensland University of Technology
Z1-515 | Musk Ave | Kelvin Grove QLD 4059
Website: www.qut.edu.au/research/dmrc<http://www.qut.edu.au/research/dmrc> | Twitter: @qutdmrc | Centre email: dmrc at qut.edu.au<mailto:dmrc at qut.edu.au>