[Air-L] [REQUEST] What are internet research's iconic diagrams?

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Mon Aug 29 05:43:27 PDT 2016

Really fun thread…

I’m not sure about “iconic," but the image of the 7-layer margarita glass by John Aschenbrenner from IBM dates from 1979.

I find it interesting in part because it’s from the OSI context, and, as far as I can tell, predates any of the TCP/IP community’s hourglass diagrams.

Here’s a link:  https://tnc15.wordpress.com/2015/06/17/locked-in-tour-europe/

Larger image: https://tnc15.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/john-day-fun-blog-3-john-aschenbrenner_s-first-draft-of-the-hour-glass-model-as-it-appeared-in-n117.jpg

Cheers,

Andy