[Air-L] "Digital Methods & Social Develop" Webcast Sunday (August 21st)

Scott MacLeod helianth at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 07:39:21 PDT 2016

Thanks, Jack and AoIR!

Here's Hong Kong World University and School -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Hong_Kong (before moving into a new
wiki emerging from Wikidata/Wikibase, which is Wikipedia's 3 1/2 year old
database now in 358 languages).

And here's China World University and School -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/China - planned in Mandarin for free
best STEM CC OpenCourseWare university degrees (Bachelor, Ph.D., Law and
M.D. ((as well as IB high school)), accrediting on, for example, CC MIT OCW
in Mandarin -
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/translated-courses/traditional-chinese/.

And here's the beginning China Law School at WUaS -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/China_Law_School_at_WUaS - also
planned in Mandarin, and potentially other main languages in China and Hong
Kong. WUaS is also planned as wiki schools for open teaching and learning
in ALL languages in China and Hong Kong (and in all 7,943 languages too -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Languages).

And here's the beginning Mandarin language WUaS -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Mandarin_language_(Chinese) .

Thanks for sharing information about online video streaming of this "Digital
Methods and Social Development" conference in Hong Kong! (Glad to see that
Isaac Mao is presenting and a panelist too!). WUaS will look to add online
resources from this conference after WUaS moves to our new wiki.

Cheers,
Scott

http://worlduniversityandschool.org
https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 2:43 AM, Jack Qiu <jacklqiu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> The Inaugural CUHK Research Summit "Digital Methods and Social Development"
> will be held this Sunday (August 21st) at the Chinese University of Hong
> Kong. If you are in the city or nearby, you're most welcome to join us at
> Lecture Theatre 2, Esther Lee Building, three minutes walk from University
> MTR station.
>
> If you cannot join us physically, don't worry. You can still watch all
> talks live broadcast online at http://ow.ly/be1s303h8Cg (this page has
> more
> background info about the event).
>
> We will also replay it on Twitter (hashtag: #dmsdcu16)
>
> This is the schedule (Hong Kong time) on Sunday August 21st:
>
> 9:00am-9:20am opening ceremony
> 9:30am-10:30am Melissa Gregg -- Counterproductivity: A brief history of
> time management
> 10:45am-11:45am Richard Rogers -- Otherwise Engaged: From vanity metrics to
> critical analytics
> 11:45am-12:45pm Wenhong Chen -- Handle with Care: Digital methods,
> sociological imagination, and the Chinese Dream
> 2pm-3pm Michael Best -- Digital Methods and Democratic Development:
> Acquiring and acting on user generated content during national elections
> 3pm-4pm Isaac Mao -- Man and Machine, Teaming or Fighting?
> 4:20pm-5:20pm Panel Discussion: Angela Wu (Moderator), Michael Best,
> Wenhong Chen, Melissa Gregg, Isaac Mao, Richard Rogers
> 5:20pm-5:30pm Closing: Richard Rogers, Jack Qiu
>
> Stay tuned and hope you're going to join us either way!
>
> Cheers,
> jlq

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President
- 415 480 4577
- http://scottmacleod.com
- Please donate to tax-exempt 501 (c) (3)
- World University and School
- via PayPal, or credit card, here -
- http://worlduniversityandschool.org
- or send checks to
- PO Box 442, (86 Ridgecrest Road), Canyon, CA 94516
- World University and School - like Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.