[Air-L] Fake News

David Stodolsky dss at secureid.net
Fri Dec 9 12:53:47 PST 2016

> On 9 Dec 2016, at 17.59, Bobo <the.bobo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The alternative is fawning adoration for a strongman figure that
> accomplishes the magical, saying nothing while simultaneously "telling it
> like it really is" on the right, and impotent "I told you so's" about
> perspectivalism on the left ("it's constructed! How dare you arbitrate
> between fake and real! Who are you to judge!"). All the while the material
> conditions for brown, black, poor, female, queer, neurodiverse, Native, and
> especially non-American lives are subject to real and lasting effects as a
> consequence of the interpretive lenses we choose for politics and living.

The threat of post-modern social constructivism was identified long ago in the European J. of Social Psychology.
This recent book is more comprehensive:

http://www.australianreview.net/digest/2004/10/crowder.html <http://www.australianreview.net/digest/2004/10/crowder.html>

"Postmodernism opens the door to fascism, and is unable to close it again.”

dss

David Stodolsky, PhD                   Institute for Social Informatics
Tornskadestien 2, st. th., DK-2400 Copenhagen NV, Denmark
dss at socialinformatics.org          Skype/Twitter: davidstodolsky