[Air-L] Berkman Klein Center Now Accepting Applications for 17-18 Fellowships

Daniel Oyolu doyolu at cyber.law.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 5 12:27:10 PST 2016

Hello everyone,

The Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
<http://harvard.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ef13e6d75b74b1791f13115cd&id=69555502f8&e=713200df58>
is now accepting fellowship applications for the 2017-2018 academic year
through our annual open call
<http://harvard.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ef13e6d75b74b1791f13115cd&id=77944a3e29&e=713200df58>.

This opportunity is for those who wish to spend 2017-2018 in residence
in Cambridge, MA as part of the Center's vibrant community of research
and practice, and who seek to engage in collaborative,
cross-disciplinary, and cross-sectoral exploration of some of the
Internet's most important and compelling issues.

The Berkman Klein Center’s fellowship program encourages and supports
fellows in an inviting and playful intellectual environment, with
community activities designed to foster inquiry and risk-taking, to
identify and expose common threads across fellows’ individual
activities, and to bring fellows into conversation with the faculty
directors, employees, and broader community at the Berkman Klein Center.

We invite applications from people working on a broad range of
opportunities and challenges related to Internet and society, which may
overlap with ongoing work at the Berkman Klein Center and may expose our
community to new opportunities and approaches. We encourage applications
from scholars, practitioners, innovators, engineers, artists, and others
committed to understanding and advancing the public interest who come
from -- and have interest in -- countries industrialized or developing,
with ideas, projects, or activities in all phases on a spectrum from
incubation to reflection.

To make fellowships a possibility for as wide a range of applicants as
possible, in the 2017-2018 academic year we will award a small number of
stipends to incoming fellows. This funding is intended to support people
from communities who are underrepresented in fields related to Internet
and society, who will contribute to the diversity of the Berkman Klein
Center’s research and activities, and who have financial need.

Applications will be accepted until Monday January 16, 2017 at 11:59
p.m. Eastern Time.

*Check out our full call for applications
<http://harvard.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ef13e6d75b74b1791f13115cd&id=a357c8e2c4&e=713200df58>
for more information about our program and for application instructions,
and reach out with any questions.  We look forward to hearing from you!*