[Air-L] CFP: MICI'17: The CHI'17 Workshop on Mixed-Initiative Creative Interfaces

Sebastian Deterding sebastian.deterding at gmx.de
Fri Dec 2 04:44:38 PST 2016

   CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
   MICI 2017: Mixed-Initiative Creative Interfaces
   Workshop at CHI 2017, May 6/7, 2017, Denver, CO
   Submit by Jan 31, 2017
   Enabled by artificial intelligence techniques, we are witnessing the
   rise of a new paradigm of computational creativity support:
   mixed-initiative creative interfaces (MICIs) put human and computer in
   a tight interactive loop where both take turns suggesting, producing,
   evaluating, modifying, selecting creative outputs. This paradigm could
   broaden and amplify creative capacity for all, but is today mostly
   developed and studied in game AI. This one-day workshop at CHI 2017
   therefore convenes CHI and game researchers to advance mixed-initiative
   approaches to creativity support.
   TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
   * User experience and engagement in MICIs
   * Interaction, design and evaluation challenges of MICIs
   * Future scenarios of human-AI co-creativity and MICIs in and beyond
   creative practice
   * MICIs for accessibility, inclusion, participation, and user-generated
   content
   * MICIs and models of creativity and collaboration
   We invite participants to submit 2-6pp. position papers in the CHI
   Extended Abstract format
   (https://chi2017.acm.org/submission-formats.html) via EasyChair at
   https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mici2017. We will review
   submissions and select 15-25 based on relevance, quality, and diversity
   of inputs. At least one author of each accepted paper needs to register
   for the workshop and for one or more days of the conference. We
   expressly invite participants to bring system demos to the event.
   IMPORTANT DATES
   * December 15, 2016: Early acceptance submission deadline
   * December 21, 2016: Notification of early acceptance
   * January 31, 2017: Regular submission deadline
   * February 20, 2017: Notification of regular acceptance
   * May 6/7, 2017 (tbd.): Workshop
   For further information, consult the workshop site http://mici2017.org
   or write to mici2017 at easychair.org.