[Air-L] Release of First Monday special issue "'Reclaiming the Internet' with distributed architectures"

Francesca Musiani francesca.musiani at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 03:51:39 PST 2016

Dear colleagues,

I am delighted to announce the release of the First Monday special issue
"'Reclaiming the Internet' with distributed architectures" (the twentieth
in the journal's history!), which I co-edited with Cécile Méadel. The set
of thought-provoking papers in this First Monday special issue were
originally part of the final symposium of the research project ADAM (
adam.hypotheses.org
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fadam.hypotheses.org%2F&h=BAQGYqKAxAQGOPKMQ27fVGFYudC_AC0iCdaXbtZwT9txJIA&enc=AZO9y9jt-kqWP95OlpX-K6vPRppHhQfLbCBrGqBC-owW8rYFDJtBVcQxIey97vjZXIWgIgyTBQiygD9MAzOSrFDR2yrn8-6kbiD9m-lap-dsaRaep9zP5FC6IdDreiDK2cp9bjJi2Oe6DraxP4I8SR5yhUJd6y6KcAnTaqq8alK04jbiUu5z0VInobRLol-g0UU&s=1>),
which from 2010 to 2014 investigated the social, political, economic and
legal dimensions of distributed network architectures.

Please find the table of contents below and apologies for cross-posting.

Kindest regards,
Francesca

----------

"Reclaiming the Internet" with distributed architectures: An introduction
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7101>  Francesca
Musiani, Cécile Méadel
The decentralization of knowledge: How Carnap and Heidegger influenced the
Web <http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7109>
Harry Halpin, Alexandre Monnin
Monuments of cyberspace: Designing the Internet beyond the network framework
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7112>
Paris Chrysos
Blockchain technology as a regulatory technology: From code is law to law
is code <http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7113>
Primavera De Filippi, Samer Hassan
Peer to party: Occupy the law
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7117>
Mélanie Dulong de Rosnay
Law encoded: Towards a free speech policy model based on decentralized
architectures <http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7118>
Argyro P. Karanasiou
Alternative rules for alternative networks? Tort law meets wireless
community networks
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7119>
Federica Giovanella
Local networks for local interactions: Four reasons why and a way forward
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7123>
Panayotis Antoniadis
Cosmopolitical composition of distributed architectures
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7128>
Dominique Boullier