[Air-L] IGF Day 3 update

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu Dec 8 07:21:00 PST 2016

The session I really enjoyed yesterday was the one on accessibility and
public policy. As much civic activity goes online this is so important! FCC
Commissioner Mignon Clyburn made her points on the topic very powerfully
and succinctly. See  <http://www.igf2016.mx/multimedia.php>
https://youtu.be/Fn0BNHd1gF4?t=942 and http://isoc-ny.org/igf16/wed/rm2.txt

The Elon University 'Imagining The Internet' Project students have been
busy conducting interviews with participants and you can see them at
https://www.youtube.com/user/ImaginingtheInternet/videos

​The NTIA have now published Larry Strickling's prepared remarks from the
opening ceremony:
https://www.ntia.doc.gov/speechtestimony/2016/remarks-assistant-secretary-strickling-internet-governance-forum-opening
​

Glenn McKnight of ISOC Canada/NARALO has taken almost 1000 photos and they
are on his flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glennmcknight/albums/72157675856256361

One picture that Glenn didn't  take
​
​
(to my knowledge)
​ ​
​
but is much admired is the one of Vint Cerf, Steve Crocker, Olaf Kaukman,
and Oscar Alejandro Robles-Garay
​ wearing sombreros! - http://bit.ly/losigfamigos
​
​Also a
musing,
​but
 embarassing, is the fact that IGF's home site was down earl
​i​
er today, due to their domain expiring yesterday! Fortunately it all seems
fixed now.

Schedule: https://igf2016.intgovforum.org/
Webex: https://igf2016.sched.org/info
Webcasts: http://www.igf2016.mx/multimedia.php
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/igf/videos

​I managed to capture all the Wednesday transcripts except Room 1 - ​
http://isoc-ny.org/igf16/wed/
​
 ​