[Air-L] DPASSH 2017 CFP: Short Papers and Panels - 14-15 June 2017, Brighton, UK

Natalie Harrower N.Harrower at ria.ie
Tue Dec 20 01:48:28 PST 2016

DPASSH 2017: Digital Preservation for the Arts, Social Science and Humanities. 14-15 June 2017, Brighton UK

First, it is our great please to announce Lizzy Jongma<http://dpassh.org/2016/12/16/lizzy-jongma/>  from the Dutch Network for War Resources WWII, and formerly from the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, as our keynote speaker. We are delighted to have Lizzy on board and look forward to disseminating the title of her address in due course.

While our long paper submission is now closed, our short paper and expert panel submission is now open (please see below for details).

You can find more information about the conference on our website<http://dpassh.org/> and follow us on twitter for updates and news @DPASSHConf

DPASSH 2017 2nd Phase of Submissions - Short Papers and Expert Panels

We are happy to announce that we are now opening an additional call for submissions for DPASSH 2017<http://dpassh.org/> for short papers and expert panels. The deadline for both submissions is Sunday 15th January 2017 (midnight GMT).

Accepted short papers will present for 10-12 minutes on topics relevant to the conference call and theme. It is envisaged that short papers will report on research that is still in progress.

Submissions for panels should consist of maximum of 4 people, and the panel will typically last for 45 minutes. Applicants should submit a brief bio of each panel member and a theme/provocation for the proposed panel discussion (maximum 500 words).

If you have any queries please contact us at dpassh2017 at gmail.com<mailto:dpassh2017 at gmail.com>.

Submissions must be made through our online submission system<http://dpassh.org/openconf/openconf.php>.

Please note there are two steps to the submission process:

  1.  Open the ‘Make Submission’ link in a new tab and fill out the form (leave the ‘Abstract’ pane blank). This allows you to fill in your identifying details and generates a submission ID which will appear on screen after you have filled out and submitted the form.
  2.  Next, return to ‘OpenConfHome’ and click on ‘upload file’ to upload the text of your long abstract. Please upload the abstract as a PDF. You will need the Submission ID and password created in Step One to complete upload

We look forward to welcoming you to Brighton in June 2017.

On behalf of the DPASSH organising committee, we wish you a happy christmas and a happy new year,

Best wishes

Sharon

Dr. Sharon Webb (Chair, DPASSH 2017)
Lecturer in Digital Humanities,
Sussex Humanities Lab,
School of History, Art History and Philosophy,
University of Sussex, Falmer