[Air-L] Fake News

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 04:51:10 PST 2016

I also love the thread Yosem. Would anyone like to work on a project along
these lines?

- fake news detection
- alt-right detection

I have been drafting an announcement for a sponsored student data challenge
using a fixed set of 20 million Trump tweets.

Is this something that members of the list would like to see students take
part in? Do people think these difficult/contested concepts are readily
detectable by humans and/or machines? Are there a few professors out there
willing to serve as judges for the output of the student data challenge if
we run it in early 2017?

Please email me directly off list (stu at texifter.com) if this is of interest.

~Stu

Stu Shulman <https://twitter.com/StuartWShulman>
Amherst Regional High School, CoachMA Olympic Development Program,
Assistant Coach