[Air-L] Fake News

Joshua Braun jabraun at journ.umass.edu
Fri Dec 9 06:47:45 PST 2016

This also seems like a reasonable place to plug J Michael Sproule's work
on the American experience with propaganda and misinformation:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Xv9cXHL9f18C&lpg=PP1&dq=J%20Michael%20Sproule&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f=false

He also has a great piece from years ago on what happened to the
original social science research program on propaganda:

Sproule, J. M. (1987). Propaganda studies in American social science:
The rise and fall of the critical paradigm. /Quarterly Journal of
Speech/, /73/(1), 60-78.

Cheers,
Josh

--
Josh Braun, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Journalism Studies

@josh_braun
Skype: wideaperture
http://wideaperture.net/
new book: http://yalebooks.com/book/9780300197501/program-brought-you

"Maybe the only gift is a chance to inquire, to know nothing for certain. An inheritance of wonder and nothing more."
William Least Heat-Moon