[Air-L] Fake News

Melissa Zimdars mzimdars1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:52:59 PST 2016

I've really enjoyed reading these emails about fake news.

For better or worse I've become connected to this topic
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/11/18/my-fake-news-list-went-viral-but-made-up-stories-are-only-part-of-the-problem/?utm_term=.6e3ba26e7cc0>,
and I am currently putting together a book proposal for a co-edited
anthology called "Fake News" (broadly construed to include false,
conspiratorial, propagandistic, etc. "news"). The book will contain 2-3k
word essays, and I've already lined up some pretty awesome contributors in
communication & media studies (as well as people who study media literacy,
psychology, etc.). I am planning on submitting the full proposal to the
listserv in early January, but if anyone wants to talk about potential
topics/contributions now, please email me at mzimdars1 at gmail.com.

Melissa Zimdars
(Mish)