[Air-L] Teaching Social Media

Kathleen Stansberry katiestansberry at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 06:45:04 PST 2016

Hello Seth – There’s a real dearth of resources on teaching social media. Karen Freberg published one of the only books I know of in this area, “A Roadmap for Teaching Social Media: All the assignments, rubrics, and feedback guides you'll need to present a strategic social media course” available at https://www.amazon.com/Roadmap-Teaching-Social-Media-assignments/dp/1535541903

I’m happy to share syllabi and assignment information if you want to reach out directly. I’ve developed resources for courses in digital analytics/SM research techniques for strategic communication, writing for social media, social media campaign development, and a gen. ed survey course that covers ethical, legal, social and political implications of widespread social media use.

You may also want to check out the teaching resources section on the AEJMC Public Relations Division website http://aejmc.us/prd/teaching-resources/ (full disclosure – I’m the webmaster for the group) which has several sample syllabi. We’re also building an area to share assignment ideas and other teaching resources so if you come up with any brilliant projects that you want to share let me know and I’ll post them on the site.

-Kathleen

Kathleen Stansberry, Assistant Professor
Cleveland State University
k.stansberry at csuohio.edu
541-228-5576
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kathleenstansberry