[Air-L] ​Re: Teaching Social Media (Hazel Kwon)

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Tue Dec 20 10:47:03 PST 2016

Since we are sharing books....

Terri Senft's and my book The Social Media Handbook is designed to map
loosely onto a social media class 2nd undergrad year through first year of
grad.  I think it is a solid choice, and Alex's chapter below also might be
of interest.

here are the chapters:
Introduction, *Jeremy Hunsinger and Theresa Senft.*
1.Infrastructure and Interface in Social Media, *Jeremy Hunsinger.  *
2. Community and Social Media, *Angus Johnston.  *Chapter
3. Production, Consumption, and Labor in the Social Media Mode of
Communication and Production, *Andrew Herman. *
4. Art and Performance & Social Media, *Toni Sant.  *
5. Gender, Sexuality and Social Media, *Alice Marwick.  *
6. Pop Culture, Fans, and Social Media, *Francesca Coppa.  *
7. Teaching and Learning with Social Media, *Alexander Halavais.  *
8. Race and Social Media, *Theresa Senft & Safiya Umoja Noble. *
9. Disability and Social Media, *Katie Ellis and Gerard Goggin. *
10. On Networked Publics and Private Spheres in Social Media, *Zizi
Papacharissi. *
11. Social Media and Journalism During Times of Crisis, *Axel Bruns.*