[Air-L] Recommendations for short literary fiction and films on "digital culture"?

Samantha Close but.no.cigar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 12:25:41 PST 2016

I'd also recommend Cory Doctorow's Anda's Game - it goes into some of the
same issues as the recommended novel but might work better for a class like
this.  There's a great blog post about race and ethnicity in Second Life
here: http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2006/02/the_skin_youre_.html

The Guild is a fantastic fictional web series for introducing people to
digital and gaming culture.  It has a relatively diverse cast and is
created by Felicia Day.  You can find some great recommendations for work
by African-American creators in Womack's *Afrofuturism: The Work of Black
Sci-Fi and Fantasy Culture* along with her commentary on the genre as a
whole.

I'd also love to see the syllabus when you're done!