[Air-L] additional pieces of bias against women in journalism

Caroline Sinders csinders at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 09:23:42 PST 2016

A few friends of mine and myself are working on this for creative
technology, critical theory, and art.
It's crazy how many panels and articles reference ONLY men, especially in
the creative coding scene where there are women, frequently, doing
incredibly work.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Elinor Carmi <e.carmi at gold.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> There is a cool project called #WomenAlsoKnowStuff (You Should Ask Them
> About it), made by a group of female political scientists who protest
> against bias in media reports, as well as citing politics in academia.
>
> They set up a database (https://womenalsoknowstuff.wordpress.com/) where
> people can add female experts in various fields within political science.
>
> This project got coverage at the Washington Post recently:
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/02/11/heres-a-list-of-smart-women-political-scientists-they-know-stuff-too/
>
> Could be a nice project to take on regarding Internet studies more
> broadly...
>
> All the best,
> Elinor Carmi,
> Ph.D. Candidate and associate lecturer,
> Department of Media & Communications,
> Goldsmiths, University of London.
> www.pinkeee.com
> Twitter: @Elinor_Carmi

Caroline Sinders
interaction designer, researcher, artist
caroline-sinders.squarespace.com
713-203-0116