[Air-L] additional pieces of bias against women in journalism

Gabriella "Biella" Coleman enid.coleman at mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 24 06:53:58 PST 2016

Hi all,

I have heard back from some folks claiming that the case Meryl
highlighted was not indicative of larger trends. I thought I would pass
on a few pieces that do deal with the fact that the omission and
invisibility of female voices in journalism and journalistic writing is
not a sporadic occurrence but a systematic one. If others have good
pieces on the topic, I would love to see them.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/02/gender-diversity-journalism/463023/

http://democracyjournal.org/magazine/31/closed-network/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/12/upshot/even-famous-female-economists-get-no-respect.html?_r=0

All best,
Gabriella

--
Gabriella Coleman
Wolfe Chair in Scientific and Technological Literacy