[Air-L] Please Cite Women Academics

Smith, Catherine SMITHCATH at ecu.edu
Thu Feb 25 08:50:12 PST 2016

Hello,

Well-said.  Formerly it was standard pedagogy in teaching research methods to show students how to identify the the indexing terms (vocabulary) used by search tools, e.g. library cataloging systems and dabatases (pre-Google).  That's how a researcher identified the limitations of any single tool's scope as well as alternative research terms.  It's still good practice and adaptive to today's search tools and information capture devices.   To learn how, maybe ask a reference librarian.

Catherine F. Smith
Professor (retired)
English, East Carolina University
Composition and Cultural Rhetoric, Syracuse University