[Air-L] Please Cite Women Academics

Kishonna Gray kishonnagray at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 09:30:40 PST 2016

Great point to highlight Janet!  And thanks for the tips on how to research
Catherine.

I also want to urge women to share our work in spaces like these.  I notice
that those who share their recent work are mostly men.  We have to put our
work out there.  It's ok to 'polite brag'.  I find myself using social
media a lot more to advertise recent work but will do better using these
list serves.  But the point of the original was knowingly neglecting
contributions by women and women of color - especially when the work is
known.

And some of us are still academically siloed in specific fields where you
draw on the work from others in your field.  So my work may not reach
someone working in com or info science.  And many of us exist at the
intersection of multiple disciplines where we hope to show the connections
between all of us.  but sometimes our work gets lost if it doesn't exist
solely within one field...

great conversation!