[Air-L] Seeking Literature Help

Alette Schoon A.Schoon at ru.ac.za
Sat Feb 27 03:49:51 PST 2016

Hi Bahtiyar
Katy Pearce has done extensive work in Armenia which may be useful. I
recommend this article where she discusses how people circulate
satirical political pictures or 'memes' via MMS and she speculates
that this may not only be for technical reasons, but also political,
as such MMSes are much more difficult to attribute to an originator
than a online profile.
Pearce, K. (2011) Convergence Through Mobile Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
in the Republic of Armenia, International Journal of Communication: 5
Downloaded from http://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/800

The study was conducted in 2008, so it may be slightly dated, but
still useful I am sure. It may also be useful to find more recent
articles by prof Pearce, who has spent several years doing research on
digital media in Armenia.

Best
Alette Schoon
PhD candidate
'Backyard digital media production of South African black township hip
hop artists'
South Africa