[Air-L] Panel/roundtable on digital media/news content analysis?

Luis E. Hestres luis.hestres at utsa.edu
Wed Feb 3 10:20:33 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

My colleague Jill Hopke of DePaul U. and I would like to form a panel or roundtable for AoIR 2016 on methodological questions related to content analysis of digital media. As Jill and I were coming up with coding schemes for Twitter data and news media for a project, questions kept coming up about constant changes in social media platforms, the longevity of social media studies in light of these constant changes, the relationship between textual and audiovisual data, what news outlets to include/exclude when virtually all are now online in some form, and many others.

We think these and related questions could make for an interesting panel or roundtable where we could use examples from our own research as prompts for discussing these issues. If you are interested please let me know ASAP so we can start working on a proposal.

Thanks!

Luis

- - - - -
Dr. Luis E. Hestres
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication
The University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249-0732
http://www.luishestres.com

Want to support our tax deductible nonprofit work by contributing to the UTSA department of communication?
Please visit: https://giving.utsa.edu/FriendsofCommunication
Thanks for your support!