[Air-L] Less than four weeks to submit proposals to Cultural Rhetorics Conference

Phil Bratta philbratta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:57:18 PST 2016

Call for Proposals

2016 Cultural Rhetorics Conference

Michigan State University

East Lansing, Michigan, USA

September 30 – October 2, 2016

http://culturalrhetorics.org/crconf/cfp.php

What is Cultural Rhetorics?

Cultural Rhetorics scholars study meaning-making practices and, sometimes,
the things produced through those practices such as baskets, books, dances,
poems, videos, websites, buildings, landscapes. “Cultural Rhetorics” refers
to a set of constellating methodological and theoretical frames that we
engage in our scholarly and teaching practices. These frames draw from
Rhetoric & Composition Studies, various Ethnic Studies fields, Postcolonial
Studies, Decolonial Studies, Gender Studies, Performance Studies, Cultural
Studies, and other fields.

What is this conference for?

We seek to encourage conversations about Cultural Rhetorics in the form of
scholarly presentations, artistic performances and installations, and
workshops that help us make and share knowledge.

Who is this conference for?

Anyone may join the conversation about cultural rhetorics: faculty,
graduate students, teachers, scholars, writers, artists, activists.
Everyone is welcome to explore Cultural Rhetorics at this conference.

How can I submit a proposal?

We’re looking for panel presentations, roundtables, performances, media
installations, posters, readings, workshops and more that define, expand,
illustrate, and/or question what it means to join the cultural rhetorics
conversation. You can go to Submit
<http://culturalrhetorics.org/crconf/signin.php?returnto=add-or-edit.php>.

What is the proposal deadline?

Proposals open on December 1, 2015.

The last date to submit a proposal is March 1st, 2016.

For questions, contact us at cultrhetcon at gmail.com

http://culturalrhetorics.org/crconf/cfp.php