[Air-L] Research in Media and Memory

Marta Delatte martadelatte at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 07:42:17 PST 2016

Dear friends,

I would like to invite you to participate in the research project I'm
undertaking as part of the Initiative for Research in Media and Memory at
the University of Hull (UK) and that is hosted here -->
https://wanderingliquen.com/
<https://owa.scar.hull.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=c4f0f39191af453ab04568aca3e50457&URL=https%3a%2f%2fwanderingliquen.com%2f>

The aim of this research project is to create an app that will help
individuals to explore a topic of their choice in Wikipedia and provide
them with information (a feedback) on their usage that will highlight the
type of stereotypical biases (memory transgressions towards stereotypes
such as gender, race, economic background etc.) that characterize their
exploration.

The study explores the relationship between human memory and digital memory
in creative archives and is being carried out from a feminist and
decolonial approach, which means that we are trying to be inclusive
throughout the work process and that any feedback you may want to give us
on this and other issues will be very well received and much appreciated.

The research project has three stages:
a) An online survey about the user experience of retrieval and knowledge
discovery in creative archives (The questionnaire will take approximately 8
minutes of your time)
b) An interview where you will be asked to give further information about
some of the questions raised on the general survey  (The interview may take
between 15 and 30 minutes)
c) Two online events to test the usability of the application. The first
event will take place between April and May 2016, the second event will
take place between September and October 2016 and in both cases you will
decide the extent of your participation.

Your participation in this research will be completely confidential and
data will be averaged and reported in aggregate. Possible outlets of
dissemination may be papers published in academic journals and a PhD
dissertation. Although your participation in this research may not benefit
you personally, it will help us understand how to improve the user
experience of exploration in creative archives such as micro blogging sites
and social media platforms.

Thanks!

SURVEY/ http://bit.ly/SurveyMM  <https://t.co/FnaXa3D5ea> CULTURAL PROBE/
http://bit.ly/CProbesMM  <https://t.co/naladLsbTN> CONSENT FORM/ http://