[Air-L] FW: PhD Courses: Oslo Summer School in Comparative Social Science Studies 2016 (OPEN)

hanne-k.hallingby at telenor.com hanne-k.hallingby at telenor.com
Tue Feb 16 04:01:54 PST 2016

Hi all,
Excellent summer school courses at University of Oslo - I have attended two courses.
I especially recommend the course of my Telenor colleague: Data Science for the Social Sciences, Senior Data Scientist Pål Sundsøy, Telenor Research, Norway.

Best regards
Hanne-Stine Hallingby,
Industry Phd Canidate UiO and Telenor

---

Greetings!

We have by now received many applications for the upcoming PhD summer school 2016. However, we still welcome more applications for many of our PhD courses.

The most helpful thing you can do for us is to forward this announcement to any PhD program facilitator / administrator at your university or research institution that can help bring out the information to your fellow PhD students, perhaps by using a mailing list.

The Oslo Summer School in Comparative Social Science Studies provides several PhD research courses that aim to cover all of the academic disciplines within the social sciences.

You may see the listing of courses offered in 2016 below.

-----------------------
FURTHER INFORMATION AND ONLINE APPLICATION FORM:
http://www.sv.uio.no/oss/index.html

-----------------------
OSLO SUMMER SCHOOL IN COMPARATIVE SOCIAL SCIENCE STUDIES 2016

PhD Courses 25 - 29 July 2016:

1: Case Study Research Methods, Professor Andrew Bennett, Georgetown University, USA.

2: The Theory of Innovative Enterprise, Professor Wiliam Lazonick, The University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA.

3: Elites, Institutions, and Good Societies: A Comparative Perspective, Professor Lena Wängnerud, University of Gothenburg, Sweden.

4: Comparative Policy Studies: Theories, Methods, and Emerging Issues, Professor Gita Steiner-Khamsi, Columbia University, New York, USA.

5: The Nordic Welfare State Model in a Comparative and European Perspective, Associate Professor Caroline de la Porte, Roskilde University, Denmark.

6. Religion in the Secular State: Historical Foundations and Contemporary Challenges, Professor Christian Joppke, University of Bern, Switzerland.

-----------------------
PhD Courses 1 - 5 August 2016:

7: Madness and Everyday Life, Associate Professor Clara Han, Johns Hopkins University, USA.

8: Data Science for the Social Sciences, Senior Data Scientist Pål Sundsøy, Telenor Research, Norway.

9: Mixed Methods: Towards a Methodological Pluralism, Professor Giampietro Gobo, University of Milan, Italy.

10: Climate Change Adaptation and Transformations towards Sustainability, Professor Karen O'Brien, University of Oslo, Norway.

11. The Politics of the Welfare State in an Era of Reform: Voters, Interest Groups, and Political Responsiveness, Professor Jane Gingrich, University of Oxford, UK.

12. A Journey through Psychology as an Academic Discipline and Cultural Force: Theory, Practice and Critique, Professor Ian Parker, Leicester University, UK.

-----------------------
FURTHER INFORMATION AND ONLINE APPLICATION FORM:
http://www.sv.uio.no/oss/index.html

Best regards,

Tron Harald Torneby
Coordinator, Oslo Summer School