[Air-L] Last reminder - Call for Papers: Network Standards and Culture (AOIR 2016 Panel)

Elinor Carmi e.carmi at gold.ac.uk
Mon Feb 1 01:46:41 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

This is a last reminder calling panelists for an #AOIR2016 panel
Robert W. Gehl and I are organizing on the relationship between
network standards and culture. By 'standards' we (broadly) mean
technical rules, laws, and norms of technical features/infrastructure/objects
related to media technologies, that are constructed by various
individual/private/government/NGO actors. We are particularly interested
in papers that articulate these rules with cultural practices
within and through digital media.

To be considered for this panel, we would need the AOIR-standard
1200-word abstract by *February 5, 2016* sent to e.carmi at gold.ac.uk. We
will notify our selected panelists by February 20 with any revisions
required ahead of the AOIR deadline of March 1.

Best regards,
Elinor Carmi
Robert W. Gehl