[Air-L] Deadline approaching: IAMCR Pre-conference, 26-27 July 2016: Children's and Young People's Rights in the Digital Age

Livingstone,S S.Livingstone at lse.ac.uk
Mon Feb 8 08:10:40 PST 2016

Apologies for cross-posting

Children's and Young People's Rights in the Digital Age

We are delighted to announce that a conference on children’s and young people’s rights in the digital age at LSE, as a London-based pre-conference to the Leicester IAMCR conference this coming July. We hope anyone interested in researching this field will consider participating.

We see a growing momentum behind calls for the recognition of the potential of online and networked media for promoting children’s rights. At the same time, researchers, child rights’ advocates and internet governance experts are concerned that children’s rights are being newly infringed rather than enhanced in the digital age. This raises questions for research, policy and practice:

  *   Exactly how is the digital impacting on children’s rights today?
  *   What are the challenges to children’s rights presented by the digital?
  *   How might we seize the opportunities that can accompany children’s online participation to promote children’s rights in the contemporary world?

See http://iamcr.org/leicester2016/preconf/youth-digital-rights-cfp for further information and the call for papers.

Abstracts are due: 15 February, 2016. Abstracts must be submitted at http://iamcr.org/leicester2016/preconf/youth-digital-rights

Please note that conference participants do not need to be IAMCR members, or to attend the main IAMCR conference. Note too that registration for the conference will open in March, once we have a provisional programme.

All the very best,

Sonia Livingstone, Amanda Third and Mariya Stoilova