[Air-L] Call for help - scraping 'historic' geotagged social media data

Alexander Callum Harrison a.c.harrison at qmul.ac.uk
Tue Feb 23 01:29:42 PST 2016

Dear All,

It would be a fantastic help if any of you might be able to assist with this issue.

I am looking into trying to scrape 'historic' geotagged social media data. Specifically, I want to pull in as much publicly available geotagged social media data from within Ferguson (USA) between August and December, 2014.

I've been in contact with Geofeedia who have informed me that significant events are 'recorded,' and the information is archived and available..for subscribers. However I'm not really in the position to be able to afford the annual subscription. Does anyone have any potential leads or ideas as to how I might be able to access such information?

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

Alex Harrison
Doctoral Candidate
Queen Mary, University of London