[Air-L] Please Cite Women Academics

Gabriela T Richard gabriela at nyu.edu
Tue Feb 23 10:04:49 PST 2016

Thanks for sharing this. I enjoyed the discussion on the hackademia list
and it's an important issue.

I found this interesting piece in the Chronicle about this issue (including
citation facts by gender) in academia:
https://chroniclevitae.com/news/472-are-you-reading-enough-academic-women

I would also like to extend this discussion to also include citing women of
color as this article highlights:
https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/race/news/2014/08/06/95248/race-and-beyond-are-black-female-academics-ignored/

Best, Gabriela