[Air-L] AoIR seeks an Association Coordinator

Jennifer Stromer-Galley jstromer at syr.edu
Mon Jan 25 10:49:08 PST 2016

Hi everyone -

AoIR needs a new Association Coordinator (AC), as Anna Hoffman, our current AC, transitions to full-time academic life.

The AC is our one paid staff member who provides ongoing management and support to keep the Association running like clockwork. Below is the job ad. Please feel free to circulate among friends, colleagues, and relevant job lists. Perhaps, some of you might consider applying.

If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to email me.

~JSG

Associate Professor, School of Information Studies, Syracuse University
Director, Center for Computational and Data Science
President, Association of Internet Researchers
jstromer at syr.edu<mailto:jstromer at syr.edu>
www.stromer-galley.com<http://www.stromer-galley.com>

+++++

The Association of Internet Researchers (www.aoir.org<http://www.aoir.org>) is an academic association dedicated to the advancement of the cross-disciplinary field of Internet studies. It is a member-based support network promoting critical and scholarly Internet research independent from traditional disciplines and existing across academic borders. The association is international in scope. We hold a yearly interdisciplinary academic conference. Our upcoming conference is in October in Berlin.

AoIR seeks an energetic and responsible Association Coordinator to support the mission of the Association. The AC provides support for all aspects of Association business, including: managing the website and the email list of 5,000 subscribers, monitoring and contributing to social media, managing the membership lists, supporting our online publication of conference proceedings, and assisting with conference management.

Required skills include: strong technical abilities and an ability to successfully trouble-shoot software systems, such as WordPress for managing our website, ConfTool for conference management, and Wild Apricot for membership management. We have an open-access publishing system that also requires troubleshooting, updating, and management. The applicant must possess strong communication and writing skills, an understanding of community management, and an ability to work proactively and independently. Experience with academic associations is strongly preferred.

This is an Independent Contractor position of 10-15 hours a week. Pay is commensurate with experience. Non-U.S. applicants will be subject to withholding and taxes. Review of applications will begin February 8, 2016 until the position is filled. Please send a cover letter and resume to Prof. Jennifer Stromer-Galley at prez at aoir.org<mailto:president at aoir.org>.