[Air-L] UPEC Summer School - 4 to 22 July 2016 - Impact Program (International Media, Political Action & Communication Technologies)

Stephanie Wojcik stephanie.wojcik at u-pec.fr
Fri Jan 22 05:55:17 PST 2016

Dear colleagues,

Thanks to the great success of the UPEC Summer School's 2015 edition, we are delighted to announce the launch of the Summer School 2016 and the 2nd second session of the "IMPACT program" during 3 weeks : from 4 to 22 July 2016.

IMPACT program - International Media, Political Action & Communication Technologies, aims at giving to its students a critical perspective on how the internationalization of communication, the sharp increase and speeding up of the production of information, and the unprecedented development of digitalmedia, play a role in the way political action, citizens mobilizations and public debates are now be framed.

This program is a unique opportunity for both postgraduate and PHD students from around the world to improve their academic, scientific and professional knowledge and live an immersion experience in Paris, the city ranked best student city for the fourth consecutive year by QS ranking.

**Confirmed Keynotes Speakers for the 2016 edition:**

  *   Romain BADOUARD (U. Cergy-Pontoise)
  *   Florence BRISSET-FOUCAULT (U. Paris 1)
  *    Jean-Baptiste COMBY <sous réserve> (U. Paris 2)
  *   Benjamin FERRON (UPEC)
  *   Simon GADRAS (U. Lyon 2)
  *   Dominique MARCHETTI (CNRS)
  *   Victor Manuel MARI SAEZ (U. Cadix)
  *   Tristan MATTELART (U. Paris 8)
  *   Jiangeng SUN (U. Rennes 1)
  *   Stéphanie WOJCIK (UPEC)

The workload of the courses is approximately 50 hours (30 hours of courses and approximately 20 hours of personal work) andthey can be recognized by up to 3 ECTS credits at the home university.

The Summer School fees include accommodation and meals, local transport in Paris area, cultural tours and sport, among otherservices (welcome at the airport, a French student buddy, wifi, library access, etc.).

For further practical information, please visit our Summer School website: summerschool.univ-paris-est.fr <mailto:summerschool.univ-paris-est.fr>

We'll be happy to answer your practical questions: summerschool at univ-paris-est.fr<mailto:summerschool at univ-paris-est.fr>

Looking forward to welcoming your students to our university!

Best regards,

Stéphanie Wojcik (stephanie.wojcik at u-pec.fr<mailto:stephanie.wojcik at u-pec.fr>) and Benjamin Ferron (benjamin.ferron at u-pec.fr<mailto:benjamin.ferron at u-pec.fr>)

Dr. Stéphanie Wojcik
Lecturer in Communication studies
University of Paris Est Créteil (France)
stephanie.wojcik at u-pec.fr<mailto:stephanie.wojcik at u-pec.fr>
Scientific responsible for the DEL research network http://www.reseaudel.fr/
@reseauDEL / @stephaniewojcik