[Air-L] suggestions for movies on communication technology and social change

Alfred BOWN (ENG) alfredbown at hsmc.edu.hk
Wed Jul 13 00:12:36 PDT 2016

Ex Machina! Ask for a Lacanian reading of that.
On Jul 13, 2016 1:56 PM, "Niels ten Oever" <lists at digitaldissidents.org>
wrote:

> Net of Rights - on relation between Human Rights and Internet Protocols
>
> https://hrpc.io/net-of-rights/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niels
>
> On 07/13/2016 05:21 AM, P. VIGNESWARA ILAVARASAN  wrote:
> > Hi Henman,
> >
> > Some suggestions:
> >
> > On fake identities and romance in social networks
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfish_(film)
> >
> > On process of introducing computers to replace work: Deskjet
> > http://uncw.edu/cte/et/articles/Kozlovic/
> >
> > Just a song but very effective on real and perceptions of crush / love.
> > Indian, but appeals to all young students.
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGjXPKMn0fE
> >

> > Best Regards,
> > Vignesh.
> > http://web.iitd.ac.in/~vignes/
> > ________________________________
> > P. VIGNESWARA ILAVARASAN, PhD
> > Associate Professor
> > Dept. of Management Studies
> > Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
> > Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016 India
> > M:+91 9910230407 (India); +853 68146606 (Macau) O: +91 11 2659 1174
> > E: vignes at iitd.ac.in  W:http://web.iitd.ac.in/~vignes/
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Paul Henman <p.henman at uq.edu.au>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear colleagues
> >>
> >> I am teaching a course on media, culture and society, and am
> introducing a
> >> new assessment piece - a movie review.
> >> I am going to give students a selection of movies to choose from that
> have
> >> as a key element the role of communications technologies (including
> social
> >> media) on social change, social relations and identify.
> >>
> >> I have already identified the following:
> >>
> >> *         Her - on operating systems and the self
> >>
> >> *         The Truman Show - on reality tv and public/private nexus
> >>
> >> *         The Enemy of the State - on surveillance technologies
> >>
> >> *         You've got mail (maybe) - on email and relationships
> >>
> >> *         Good morning Vietnam (maybe) - on radio and community building
> >>
> >> I welcome any other suggestions and commendations.  They can be old
> >> technologies, current or predicted new ones (ie sci fi).
> >>
> >> Paul
> >>
> >> Paul Henman
> >> Associate Professor of Social Policy and Sociology
> >> Head of Sociology
> >> Program Director, BSocSci
> >> School of Social Science
> >> University of Queensland  QLD  4072
> >> T: +61 7 3365 2765 | E: P.Henman at uq.edu.au<mailto:P.Henman at uq.edu.au> |
> >> W: www.digitalsocialpolicy.com<http://www.digitalsocialpolicy.com/>
> >>
> >> Recent publications:
> >> 'Population health performance as primary healthcare governance<
> >> http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/J7ntAVEWvxBzbChMzv4e/full>' Policy
> and
> >> Society (2016, with M. Foster et al)
> >> '"Schooling" performance measurement<
> >> https://espace.library.uq.edu.au/view/UQ:354448>', Policy and
> [...]

*Hang Seng Management College is incorporated in Hong Kong with limited
liability by guarantee.*

This e-mail may be confidential and legally privileged. If you are not the
addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you
have received this message in error, please delete it and notify the
sender by return e-mail. Thank you!