[Air-L] Gender in surveys/tests

Pamela Carson Pamela.Carson at concordia.ca
Thu Jul 14 12:56:54 PDT 2016

Hi Devayani,

This paper is about how the activation of gender or ethnicity stereotypes can affect performance:

Ambady, N., Shih, M., Kim, A., & Pittinsky, T. L. (2001). Stereotype susceptibility in children: Effects of identity activation on quantitative performance. Psychological
Science, 12, 385–390.

Dario Cvencek is another researcher who has looked at math-gender stereotypes.

http://ilabs.uw.edu/research-scientists/bio/i-labs-dario-cvencek-phd

Cheers,

Pam

Pamela Carson
Web Services Librarian / Bibliothécaire services web
Libraries / Bibliothèques
Concordia University / Université Concordia
Tel. / Tél. 514-848-2424 ext. / poste 7685
Email / courriel: pamela.carson at concordia.ca
Mailing address / adresse postale: 1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-05, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8
Street address / adresse municipale: 1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-05, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8
library.concordia.ca
concordia.ca