[Air-L] suggestions for movies on media governance?

Becky Lentz roberta.lentz at mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 21 15:52:54 PDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

I¹m collecting ideas for films (features, documentaries, Ted Talks, etc.)
for an undergraduate course I teach on media governance. The course is
organized broadly around the notion of the commons
(http://www.onthecommons.org/) and features the roles of actors in three
intersecting categories: private industry, government, and the third
sector. Modules include the information/knowledge commons, the spectrum
commons, the telecom commons, the software/hardware commons, and the
internet commons.

Would love to get suggestions for media to introduce each module. Feel
free to email me off list (preferable).

Many thanks,
B. Lentz

Becky Lentz, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication Studies
McGill University Faculty of Arts
853 Sherbrooke Street West, Arts Building, W-265
Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 0G5
Phone 514.398.4995
Fax 514.398.8557
Email: becky.lentz at mcgill.ca