[Air-L] Job: Lecturer, LevelB, Internet Studies (Ongoing), Closes 27 July.

Tama Leaver tamaleaver at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 00:03:44 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

We're looking for a new ongoing lecturer (that's the equivalent of an
assistant professor in US terms) to join the team in the Internet Studies
department at Curtin University.  Details below! Mike Kent, our Head of
Department, if the official contact person, but if you want to chat less
officially, I'm happy to chat off-list about how much fun we are to work
with!

-Tama

Position Title: Lecturer, Teaching and Research – Internet Studies
(Position # 3462004)
Tenure: Continuing, Full-time
Salary Range: $97,076 to $115,277 (ALB)
Location: Bentley (Western Australia)
research within the field of Internet Studies?

As a Lecturer, you will join the innovative and interdisciplinary
Department of Internet Studies within the School of Media, Culture and
Creative Arts to teach various subjects in the Bachelor of Arts (Internet
Communications) and related courses and enhance the Department’s research
output and capability. Your experience will include demonstrated excellence
in teaching and a good understanding of the student learning experience.
Your strong research background and ability to obtain competitive grant
applications is imperative to your success in this position.

To be successful, you will hold a doctoral qualification in Internet
Studies or a closely related field, and have a strong understanding of
pedagogical theory and contemporary educational practice. An established
record of research is essential.

Benefits and Remuneration: The salary ranges presented are those which are
contained within the University's Enterprise Agreements; as are the
employee benefits which include employer superannuation contribution at the
rate of the current Government Superannuation Guarantee amount up to 17
percent, study assistance, a comprehensive salary packaging and wellness
programs and flexible and family friendly work practices.

Contact Person: Dr Mike Kent, Head of Department - Internet Studies, on
telephone 92662220
Contact Email: M.Kent at curtin.edu.au

Valuing Diversity and Affirmative Action: Curtin University embraces
diversity and inclusion and invites applications from women, men and
intersex individuals who share the University's values, ethics,
international outlook, value diversity and have an informed respect for
indigenous people. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to
provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive
workplace, therefore, if you have any support or access requirements, we
encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with
you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.
All personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with
relevant privacy legislation.

Details/apply:
https://webkiosk.curtin.edu.au/recruit/WK8127$APP.draw_attachments?P_VACANCY_REF_NO=4252&P_CALLER_URL=WK8127ZZDOLLARZZAPP.QueryListZZQMARKZZZ_VACANCY_CAT=ACADZZAMPZZZ_ORDER_BY=1

Disclaimer: Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw
from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by
invitation, at anytime.
Applications Close: 5 pm, Wednesday 27 July 2016 (PERTH TIME, ie +8GMT!)