[Air-L] Online Popular Music Research + API

Craig Hamilton Craig.Hamilton at bcu.ac.uk
Thu Jul 14 08:00:32 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I’m relatively new to this list, but I’ve been following the various discussions with interest. I will be at my first AOIR conference in Berlin later this year and look forward to meeting you.

I wanted to pass on some information that may be of interest to colleagues looking at popular music. My PhD research is based around a project called Harkive, which gathers stories online from people about the detail of the music listening across the course of a single day each year. Harkive 2016 takes place next Tuesday, 19th July. More information can be found on the project website: http://www.harkive.org

Of potentially wider interest is a new development for 2016. With a colleague at BCU I have developed an API for the data collected by the project. I’ve provided a public-facing overview, including links to the API and a simple data visualisation platform built with it, in this post on the project site: http://harkive.org/api-data-viz/

If any of the above is of interest, please do feel free to contact me. You can also keep an eye on the project via Twitter (@harkive<http://www.twitter.com/harkive>)

Kind regards
Craig