[Air-L] Question on Research Response Rates

Pam Estes Brewer brewer_pe at mercer.edu
Wed Jul 6 06:36:14 PDT 2016

Hi all-

My students and I are doing online survey research and are using three online groups (1 Facebook group, 1 LinkedIn group, and 1 listserv) as our survey population.  Between them,  these groups have thousands of members, but of course, many members aren't active.  Thus, I believe that conventional response rate guidelines do not apply.  Can anyone point me to some good resources on the issue of internet research today and response rates?  (In the past, I have used snowball sampling, but that is not the case here.)

Thank you.
Pam

Pam Estes Brewer, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Director, Master of Science in Technical Communication Management
Department of Technical Communication/ Mercer University School of Engineering
U.S. 478.301.4146
Brewer_pe at mercer.edu<mailto:Brewer_pe at mercer.edu>