[Air-L] length of Facebook comments

mariza georgalou m.georgalou at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 05:39:22 PDT 2016

Dear all,

Are you aware of any (academic) sources referring to the average length (in
words) of a Facebook comment?

I'm writing a paper on expressing opinions on Facebook during times of
crisis. Based on personal experience, I would say that Facebook comments
which concern mundane things tend to be short. But when it comes to
socio-political issues, I see much longer comments. I would be interested
in any studies/sources that could back up this observation.

Many thanks.

Mariza
--

Mariza Georgalou